The NAMEPA newsletter includes promotions for upcoming NAMEPA programs and events, member and best practice spotlights, and research and news items relevant to the work we do in NAMEPA. We hope to engage our members and affiliates throughout the year through this communication. NAMEPA members have additional access to a separate membership listserv to share opportunities and items of interest with the NAMEPA family. Members will also receive additional NAMEPA updates and relevant member information via the membership listserv.
Subscribe to our mailing list today!
If you are not receiving the messages below, please check your spam folder or contact email@example.com to verify you have been successfully added to our mailing list.
- Includes Texas A&M Institutional Partner feature, NAMEPA 2017 National Conference Save the Date and Abstract Submission, 2016 NAMEPA Highlights and Award Recipients, a new NAMEPA Hot Topic about engineering student support centers, and Elections Process Announcement (conducted over March/April)
- Workshop Track: Outreach & Recruitment
Developing a Plan for Your MEP to Help Students Prepare for Graduate School – Dr. Audeen Fentiman | Associate Dean of Engineering for Graduate Education and Interdisciplinary Programs at Purdue University & Cyndi Lynch | Director of Fellowships and Professional Development, Purdue Graduate School
- Special Training
STEM Academic Coaching – Dr. Sylvanus Wosu | Associate Dean for Diversity Affairs at the University of Pittsburgh
- Workshop Track: Retention
Changing the Mindset of Engineering Students and Families – Enrique Dominguez | Director for the Equal Opportunity in Engineering (EOE) Program at The University of Texas at Austin
- Special Training
Developing an SSTEM Proposal for NSF – Dr. Bevlee Watford | Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in the College of Engineering at Virginia Tech and Director for the Center for the Enhancement of Engineering Diversity (CEED) & Saundra Johnson Austin | President and CEO, Charis Consulting Group LLC
- Opening Plenary Session features special guest Louis Carr, President of Black Entertainment Television (BET) Media Sales and Thought Leader for Multicultural Media
- Sunday Plenary session will address how best to serve Native American Communities
- Includes Purdue Institutional Partner Feature, Achievements of NAMEPA National Officers and Thought Leaders, and a new NAMEPA Hot Topic: Motivating Factors for Choosing Engineering
- Includes Virginia Tech Institutional Partner Feature, NAMEPA presentation at 2016 WEPAN Change Leader Forum, and a new NAMEPA Hot Topic: The Impact of Discrimination
- Includes introduction of 2015-2017 NAMEPA Leadership Team and NAMEPA Leadership Retreat Registration